Learn to speak Aviation English
Talk English online with a native English-speaking pilot.
FREE Introductory Session
All sessions are preceded by a free 5-minute introductory meeting to gauge your level and allow us to prepare a suitable plan for you.
Choose A Package
Choose a package that suits your budget and your requirements. Our sessions start from as little as $8.40 per session.
Bulk Session Discount
Buy discounted sessions in bulk and get up to 6 months in which to use them.
Learn from a professional pilot
Your Personal Instructor in Aviation English
Your instructor, Keith, is a total aviation enthusiast and loves to chat about flying. He grew up on the local airfield, hitching rides in aircraft whenever he could.
He was flying solo before he was allowed to drive a car unsupervised. His career started in the military as an Air Force pilot and moved on to airline flying after 9 years.
He has flown experimental, military, general aviation and vintage types as well as modern jet aircraft, finishing off his career as a senior captain on the Airbus A380.
His passion for everything to do with flying is quickly obvious as is his willingness to share his experience and help others reach their goals.
Take the FREE 5-minute assessment and we will tailor a lesson plan that suits your needs and helps you to achieve your dreams.
Save Up To
When you book a package of 20 sessions or more
Need help with Your
We provide services such as document correction, preparation, bespoke homework exercises or other offline work at a rate of $20/hour.
This is your captain speaking
What We Do
Keith will discuss flying with you to help you improve your aviation English and in doing so prepare you for exams you may be getting ready to take.
- Bespoke homework plans prepared with relevant material. Focus on the correct areas.
- Prepare for your ICAO English Language Proficiency test.
- Improve your conversational English in a structured or informal setting, as you prefer.
- Discuss the role of Human Factors in Aviation, a particular favourite.
- Take part in ATC communication role play to increase your confidence.
- Prepare you for your interview.
- Prepare you for a career in aviation.
- Discuss Aviation Meteorology, operating in adverse weather conditions.
- Help you with the basics of English, giving you the essential aviation keywords.
- Covid 19 has disrupted many people’s plans and put training or careers on hold. We can help you improve the language skills you need while you wait for that next job.
- Tall tales, tips and tricks… picked up in over 35 years around aircraft.
Unpacking the terminology
What is Aviation English?
Aviation English is the international language of civil aviation. Since 1951, ICAO has recommended that English be used in international aeronautical radiotelephony communications.
Over the years miscommunication has been the cause of many aircraft accidents. From 2003 ICAO required a standardised English Language Proficiency Test.
This required aviation professionals to meet a defined proficiency in Aviation English which would be endorsed on their professional licenses.
But it is more than that…
Your qualified tutor
M-F 9am - 5pm